Research and Teaching is one of the most valued and well-known facets of FIVMadrid
Our lines of research are mainly aimed at developing protocols that improve follicular recruitment in assisted reproduction treatments. Some of these protocols are currently being applied in almost all clinics and have been published in the most prestigious magazines in the field of Assisted Reproduction. These are some examples:
- Triggering ovulation with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist in vitro fertilization patients with polycystic ovaries does not cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome despite very high estradiol levels.Fertil Steril. 2010, 93:1215-9.
- Multifollicular recruitment in combination with Gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist increased pregnancy rates in intrauterine insemination cycles. Fertil Steril. 2008, 89: 620-4.
- Triggering ovulation with GnRH agonists does not compromise embryo implantability. Fertil Sterility 2006, 86:1682-87.
- LH improves early follicular recruitment in women over 38 years old. RBMOnline 2005, 11:409-414,
- LH-supplementation increase pregnancy rates in GnRH antagonist donor cycles. Fertil Sterilility 2004, 82:343-347,
“More than 200 scientific papers published and presented at national and international scientific conferences”
It is also important to mention our teaching sessions (classes about human reproduction) and workshops that FIVMadrid professionals carry out regularly (meetings with patients). In addition, FIVMadrid collaborates with the Autonomous University and Complutense University of Madrid in the training of doctors and biologists (MIR and Master in Reproduction) in reproductive medicine.
Dr. Eleuterio R. Hernández de Miguel